Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year

I didn't do a very good job last year of keeping this up-to-date. So, we will endeavor to do better this year!

School starts for the new year in 7 ½ hours. I should be getting to bed soon.

Here are some goals for this new year, 2009:
- Have a stress free school year
- Keep our activities to a minimum (the extra activities not school activities)
- Purge unused items in the house
- Clean out the garage (again)
- Lay tile in the laundry room
- Lay tile in the master bathroom
- Remove the carpet from living room and hallway replace with some type of wood flooring
- Replace the downstairs windows
- Add a deck to the back of the house (wishful thinking but it can’t hurt)
- Take a family vacation (Legoland Chicago? American Girl Chicago? See a theme here?)

Here is what we accomplished in 2008:
- Angelique graduated
- Refinanced the house
- Termite contract (the neighbor had termites eating his house)
- Fixed all three cars (tires on all three and a/c on van)
- New windows upstairs
- Back door fixed
- Cleaned out garage
- Fixed Twizzler’s leg (story for another time)
- New dryer
- Digital Thermostat
- Dryer Vent Man cleaned out the verrrryyy loooonnngg vent pipe
- Laura and I attended an awesome homeschool convention in Cincinnati
- I'm sure many other things that I am forgetting this late at night.

I hope everyone has a productive new year. We are going to try to have one!

2 comments:

Christie Jarvis said...

Looks like great goals for the new year! If you need someone to do the tile for you, William can give you an estimate. He has done a few tiles floors this year.
We talked last night and he is going to start trying to do some side jobs again in addition to working for my dad so we can bring in some extra income....we need it BADLY!!

By the way, I wanna go to Chicago too!!!!

Princess said...

I have everything to do the tile including the tile. I just need to motivate myself to do it.