Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Facebook & Reminiscing

I have been playing on Facebook a lot lately. It is interesting to see what people from high school are doing now. I have been wondering who will my kids be reminiscing about when they are older. They will not have a high school yearbook or old elementary school class pictures to thumb through to remember what everyone looked like. So, do we make a "yearbook" every year for them to remember what they did that school year? Or just hope those pictures jump into the scrapbooks all on their own. If you homeschool what do you do for your kids? And if you don't what do you suggest short of putting them in school.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Well, now that they have blogs, have them pick a friend a week or month and blog about theat person and add a pic. How long do blog archives keep anyway? ANd can you put your archives on a flash drive?

Princess said...

Don't know how long they last. But you should be able to keep them on a flash drive. Now do you remember what computer disks looked like when you were a kid and do you know anyone that has a drive to read them?

Becca said...

Yes, floppy discs! Big and square and "floppy". Gosh, I hope I don't know anyone that has a drive for a floppy. WHat kind of giant dinosaur pc would that be?

Christie Jarvis said...

Well, I make a scrapbook...an actual album that they can hold and look through. They love looking through them already and think about the activities we did throughout the year. I don't just take pics of my kids at activities because I want to have pics of their friends in it as well. Yes, I probably have pics of ya'll's kids in my albums! :)

Becky said...

We have photo albums full of all their home school activities/field trips/etc. We also buy the yearbook too.

J-Mom said...

Okay, I hadn't thought too much about this. I know when I pass the photo booth at Walmart, I always think I need to get them a "school picture", but that's as far as it gets. I like the idea of storing it from their blogs and such on flash drive, then you could just print a book for a couple of dollars at the end of the year.

I need to look at buying the yearbook next year!