Today was American Girl Club at our home. Our homeschool support group formed and American Girl Club. This was the second meeting and we were hosting Felicity. Seven girls were in attendance. We started by making a "Tussie-Mussie." We used roses from Sam's and Basil Angelique picked out at the store. (Angelique is disappointed we didn't start this when she was younger.) Then we had a Plantation Picnic with Chicken Salad, Lemon Tarlets, and Cranberry-Apple Punch. After the picnic we played several parlor games, "Hunt the Ring", "Frog in the Middle", and "Hide the Thimble." I sent the girls home with a ziplock bag with a little book we made for them that had directions for the games and crafts and recipes of the food we sampled. We also included in the bag fabric and ribbon to make a mob cap like Felicity would have worn. Everyone had a wonderful time.
Here are some pictures. I forgot to get a group picture (I guess I will next time).
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like such fun! I wish I had a little girl again. They grow so fast!
Are Rebecca and Laura wearing their dresses from the wedding? CUTE!
You've been tagged! Tell us 8 weird things about yourself.
Why did you wait until I moved to start a AHG group? :(
Post a Comment