The weekend started on Thursday evening when Frank’s brother Bill and his family (Sam his wife, Kylee, Gwen and Drake) arrived to stay with us.
We took all of the girls to Sweet & Sassy to get either their hair or nails done. The boys stood outside and then went to The Hobby Shop (Nick’s parents store). When the girls were finished we headed to the mall for lunch and then Aunt Sam’s turn to get her nails done. The girls play together on the playground and rode the carousel together. We got home just in time to change clothes and head to the wedding rehearsal.
All of our kids were asked to be in the wedding; Angelique - bridesmaid, Thomas – junior groomsman, Rebecca – ring bearer, and Laura – flower girl. I was a little concerned at the rehearsal that Thomas and Brie (Frank’s new daughter) would run up the aisle rather than walk during the ceremony! Frank asked me if I would help his friend Greg with the sound system. Greg was in a closet running the sound system and couldn’t see when he needed to start each song on the CD. So, I was going to be his eyes and ears. After the wedding rehearsal we headed to The Butcher Shop for dinner courtesy of Frank’s parents. Thomas and Conor (Frank’s sister’s son) enjoyed cooking Texas toast on the grill and sharing a 16 oz. T-bone steak. Richard and I offered to take Bill and Sam’s kids home so they could spend the rest of the evening with Frank on Beale Street. Richard left first with the boys. As I was getting the girls ready to head out the door for home Frank came and asked “PLEASE” will you take Brie with you tonight. Michelle wanted to join them on Beale Street and didn’t have anyone to watch take her. So, I had an extra girl going home with us. Michelle came to get her about 3 a.m.
The Wedding Day – I took Angelique to meet Michelle and the rest of the Bridesmaid’s to get their hair and make-up done for the wedding. Gwen, Rebecca and I headed for Target to get prizes and plates for Gwen’s birthday party on Sunday. Two and a half hours later we were home. Everyone one was ready to go but Thomas couldn’t find his new shoes for the wedding. We had to stop for new shoes on the way to the wedding. The kids were so cute walking up the aisle and they all walked. I was so proud of my girls because I didn’t hear any whispering. (They were sitting up front with Richard while I was at the back helping Greg who was in the closet running the sound system.) Then, I was concerned when I didn’t see them come back down the aisle with the rest of the wedding party. They had fallen asleep during the ceremony. No wonder they were so well behaved.
It was a lovely ceremony. Frank looked very much in love and not too bad in his kilt. Yes, he wore a kilt. It was the Irish National tartan. The priest said he liked to use an acronym in his homily. He used KILT, hmm wonder why; K – kindness, I – intimacy, L – love, T – trust.
The reception was in the church fellowship hall. There was food, drinks, dancing and good company. We had a great time and some of us had a little bit too much fun.
We wrapped the weekend up by hosting all of the family (Grandpa, Grandma, Great-Aunt Kathy, Aunt Ellen, Uncle Pat, Conor, and Maggie – Frank and Michelle were a little busy and couldn’t make it) at our home for Gwen’s birthday party. We had pizza, pork barbeque, beef barbeque, slaw, potato salad, beans, and veggies with a chocolate ice cream cake. Gwen was very excited to have all of her cousins with her for the party. Her birthday is two weeks away but we decided to celebrate early. The kids built a bonfire out back and after dark lit sparklers. Maggie stayed to spend the night with the girls while Thomas went to the hotel with Conor for a boys’ night.
Here are the pictures from the weekend. Enjoy, we did!
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment